Revit TotD – 7.30.09: Revit 2010 Add-In Manager
Another short and sweet tip, this one dealing with an easy way to manager your add-ins. If you are an add-in hog, you may get tired of editing your Revit.ini file every time you load and unload an add-in for Revit. Well, with this simple little tool, you can have all the work done for you from inside Revit!
Downloading and Installing the Revit 2010 Add-In Manager:
- Browse to http://autodesk.com/ and search for “Revit SDK“
EDIT: Autodesk has made a few changes to their site. SImply searching for “Revit SDK” no longer produces the link results it used to. However, a simple GOOGLE search for the same query does produce this link which is exactly what you need. Enjoy!
- The first link should be a link to the developer’s center. Follow that link.
- Near the bottom of the bage there is a link to the Revit 2010 SDK. Download and install that file.
- In the install directory, there is a directory called “Add-In Manager” containing a .MSI file, install that.
- You should now have the Revit 2010 Add-In Manager available from the Add-Ins menu in your ribbon. You will need to have a project open to access the tool.
Using the Revit 2010 Add-In Manager:
- With a project open, go to Add-Ins > External Tools > Add-In Manager for Revit 2010.
- To load a new add-in:
- To Unload an Add-In:
Both methods will require you to restart revit before the changes take effect, but at least you don’t have to edit the Revit.ini file! Thanks for stopping by again and I hope to see you next time for another Revit TotD!
|Print article||This entry was posted by rkitect on 2009.07.30 at 12:01 am, and is filed under Tip of the Day. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.|